In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, an extended renewal grace period was applied to F5 Certified certifications expiring between November 2019 - December 2022. That enhanced renewal period is coming to an end on December 31, 2022.
- F5 Certified certifications are valid for 24 months. Traditionally, there is a 30-day grace period after the expiration date and the certification status changes from “Active” to “Final Renew.” During this grace period, candidates can renew a recently expired certification without penalty.
- Active certifications expiring between November 2019 – December 2022 will reach their final renewal date on December 31, 2022.
- To renew a certification, candidates only need to retake (and pass) the highest-level exam required for that certification on or before December 31, 2022. For example, a candidate who has a Certified Solution Expert, Security certification (F5-CSE, SEC) only needs to pass the 401 exam to renew their Solution Expert, Security certification and all pre-requisite certifications.
- Certifications that are NOT renewed by December 31, 2022 will expire, and may result in candidates needing to start over at the beginning with the 101-Application Delivery Fundamentals exam.
- For additional information about the certification renewal period, please see this article on the Education Services Support Guide: What is the difference between “Expired” and “Final Renew” dates for my certification?
- Extending the renewal grace period does NOT extend the validity of a certification. The extended grace period borrows against the 24-month active certification period of the renewed certification. For more information, please see this article: Why isn’t my renewed certification valid for 2-years from my testing date?
- Candidates should schedule their exams at their earliest convenience and not wait until the end of the year when testing center availability is limited. Taking exams now will allow time to retake exams if necessary. For instructions on scheduling exams, please see this article: How do I schedule an F5 Certified exam?