Individuals who pass Exam 401 receive the F5 Certified! Solutions Expert, Security certification. These individuals have completed the entire Security track, and, in doing so have demonstrated their expertise not only in designing security solutions leveraging BIG-IP LTM, BIG-IP DNS, BIG-IP ASM, BIG-IP APM, BIG-IP Application Firewall Manager (AFM), BIG-IQ modules, IP Intelligence Services, WebSafe, and MobileSafe, but also in articulating the logic behind their designs and aligning those designs with technical, security, and other requirements.
Summary description of the minimally qualified candidate (MQC)
The MQC has experience designing, maintaining, and troubleshooting using F5 technology to solve security problems. The MQC can define security requirements based on technical and business needs, apply and modify security architectures utilizing F5 technology, and articulate the value of the solution. The MQC will also have experience in identifying, analyzing, and mitigating security incidents leveraging F5 technology as appropriate.
The MQC can do the following without assistance:
- Identify security threats and interpret their potential business impact
- Design solutions to mitigate security threats
- Analyze anomalous data to recognize security incidents
- Perform multi-module troubleshooting, possibly leveraging third-party tools
- Architect technical solutions to meet given business requirements
Prerequisites: Valid F5-CA, BIG-IP; F5-CTS, BIG-IP LTM; F5-CTS, F5-CTS, BIG-IP ASM; and F5-CTS, BIG-IP APM Certifications