In passing Exam 304, candidates receive the F5 Certified! Technology Specialist, Access Policy Manager certification. Individuals who receive this certification have demonstrated that they have the skills and understanding necessary for day-to-day management of application delivery networks that incorporate technologies based on the TMOS operating system, and to implement, troubleshoot, and maintain BIG-IP APM in a variety of application environments, with special emphasis on different types of authentication, authorization, and accounting resources. Receiving the BIG-IP APM Specialist certification is a prerequisite for the Security Solutions Expert certification track.
Summary description of the minimally qualified candidate (MQC)
The MQC is proficient in the various authentication mechanisms used to provide security and access management for different types of applications. The MQC is able to describe and explain how BIG-IP APM interacts with industry standard remote access, authentication, authorization methods, and applications. The MQC is able to configure, implement, troubleshoot, and maintain BIG-IP APM in various application environments.
The MQC can do the following without assistance:
- Define and configure different types of authentication, authorization, and accounting resources (AAA)
- Configure Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) federation—service provider (SP), identity provider (IdP)
- Define Layer 4 (L4) and L7 access control lists (ACLs) and portal objects
- Configure and apply a single sign-on (SSO) profile
- Identify and explain authentication tokens, cookies, and methods
- Configure and understand all access policy modes: BIG-IP LTM + BIG-IP APM, Portal Access, Application Access, Network Access
Prerequisites: Valid F5-CA, BIG-IP Certification